Tuesday 6 June 2023

Three Months Later

Okay so... 



I have been writing. 

I just haven't been blogging. I've a story up on Royal Road called These Disunited Kingdoms. The pitch is as follows:


On a nameless world, impossibly distant and yet inconceivably close, there lies the misty and magical continent of Lusfell. Near the continent's geographical heart can be found the Tyranny of Pean. In the highest tower of his citadel the tyrant has finished his great work; a spell so mighty it will destroy all his enemies and lay waste to the armies besieging his capital in a single stroke. Granting him Ultimate Victory!

Unfortunately this is not his story. Nor the story of anyone else on the continent. You see he forgot to carry the one.

In an instant the metaphysical energies of everyone on the continent are snuffed out. Like 68,865,207 candles extinguished in a hurricane. Nature abhors a vacuum and finds the nearest population of souls in a neighbouring universe inconceivably close by. Which just so happens to be the entire population of the British Isles. A quick copy and replace and nobody will notice the difference.

Meanwhile the newly incarnated population of Lusfell are waking up in bodies not their own, in a land of magic, mystery and mayhem. It's possibly the worst Monday morning in the history of Mondays.

And you though Brexit was a mess.

Follow the adventures of Drake Dunn, angry Scot and avowed pacifist, as they wake up in this new world. In the body of a trained killer.
I'm only trying to write two to three thousand words a week. I can do that in a day. Heck I've written 2k words in a single fevered hour. Yet here I am fighting for every single word for my story.

I've stopped doing #Dungeon23. I've barely worked a minute on Points of Darkness. Or any of my other projects.

Points of Darkness is a much bigger project than I first thought. Initially it was to be a toolkit to help me procedurally create sandboxes by treating dungeons and lairs as if they were settlements, but for monsters. If you're familiar with the settlement generation stuff in the 3.0e DMG, it was supposed to be that. But for monsters. Instead I'm reinventing the wheel. Again. 

But more of that later. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment